Periodically, NecroSearch International, Inc. offers training sessions for law enforcement and others who assist in the location of clandestine graves and the recovery of remains and related evidence. The primary focus is to assist law enforcement, but other professionals may apply, as well.
Note: This class is intended for law enforcement and experts involved in forensic investigations. With justification, others may be admitted at the discretion of NecroSearch International, Inc.
Participation in this class does not automatically lead to membership in NecroSearch International, nor will it make the participants experts in the fields presented.
- The Interplay Between Law Enforcement and NecroSearch International
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children First Responders
- Animal Sign and Scavenging Behavior
- Basic Human and Nonhuman Bone Identification
- Computer Analysis
- Scent Detection Dogs
- Search Techniques, Mapping, Excavation Methods
- Landfill Search Techniques
Some of the course presenters
- Julia Bauer, M.A. Anthropologist
- Wayne Bryant, Retired Agent, Colorado Bureau of Investigation
- Tim Deignan, Ph.D., Geophysicist
- Diane L. France, Ph.D., D-ABFA, Forensic Anthropologist
- Julie Fulton, M.S., Criminalist
- Frank Hurst, Dog handler
- Al Nelson, Dog handler
- Ed Pearl, Meteorologist
- Jim Reed, Geologist, Computer Expert
- Lee Reed, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- Henry Schmidt, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- Pamela Smith, Ph.D., Botanist
- Vickey Trammell, M.A., Botanist/Plant Ecologist
- Cecilia Travis, M.S., Geologist, Naturalist
*Substitutions may be made by NecroSearch International
Clandestine Graves and Evidence Recovery Class
The 2015 class was a great success!
The next class is scheduled for
June 20-24, 2016.
The course is a combination of lectures and fieldwork at the NecroSearch research facility.
Price includes course instruction, lunches, and one class dinner at the facility.
Highlands Ranch Law Enforcement Training Facility
Littleton, Colorado 80215
If you are eligible, you may receive information about the next class as it becomes available, please email Information for 2016 class
Click here for the syllabus from 2015. We are now working on the syllabus for 2016.